You have just invested in a nice set of headers or a turbo back exhaust system featuring a high flow dump pipe which fits up near the engine bay. The question come, is Ceramic Coating for me?
Below are 5 reasons why you should Ceramic Coat:
1. Protection – Ceramic coating acts as a ceramic insulator, it will protect your Headers or Turbo Dump Pipe from road chemicals, heat and internal exhaust gases. All these things can prematurely cause corrosion, rust and exhaust failure.
2. Thermal cycling – Continual heating and cooling of exhaust components will degrade and weaken the metal structure. Ceramic Coating helps eliminate hotspots that concentrate in bends and curves of your Headers or Dump Pipe by keeping the temperature down.
3. Appearance – It’s aesthetically pleasing in your engine
bay! Far nicer than heat proof paint or fiberglass heat wraps which frays and
breaks down over time. The coating gives your Header or Turbo Dump Pipe an
overall look of polished aluminium. The lustre it offers does not fade or
discolour like chrome or stainless steel, so you do not have to worry about
cracking, peeling, or bluing of the material, regardless if using mild steel or
stainless steel tubing.
4. Performance - High temp Ceramic Coating can improve the performance of your engine. It helps increase the speed and maintain the quality of exhaust gas flow. When you apply the coating to the exterior the heat remains with in the coated exhaust pipe allowing for faster exhaust flow. Ceramic Coating helps to keeps the temperature of the engine bay low, protect your engine components, wiring and hard plastics.
5. Longevity – Your vehicles exhaust system is very important,
and you don’t want to be replacing the Headers or Turbo Dump Pipe often.
So to do it right the first time and protect your exhaust for the long term - contact Rhino Exhaust for pricing on your Ceramic Coating email@example.com
The Y62 Patrol is one of the most exciting V8s currently on the market in a comfy, family size. The biggest issue is the powerful 5.6L V8 still feels sluggish carrying around its 2.5 tonne frame, and this compounds further if you are towing a 3 tonne caravan! But don’t stress – the exhaust upgrades [...]
Are your looking for an exhaust system that can handle the harshest of Australian conditions? Then, you should be considering a 409 Grade Stainless Steel Exhaust system for your 4WD.It’s a common belief that stainless steel is not magnetic. This can be true of grades of stainless steel that have a high content of chromium [such as 304 [...]
A bigger wheel and tyre combo can really enhance the look of your 4x4 or High Ride Ute and often provide benefits to grip and handling. But you must stay legal! The NSW Roads & Maritime Services or RMS states…. ‘wheels and tyres must be contained within the body work or mudguards (including any flares) when the wheels are [...]
Sometimes finding a single spot for sourcing all the parts that you require for building your own exhaust system can be a challenge. From mandrel bends to mounting brackets, straight tube to a decent sports muffler, you want to ensure that you can add everything you need in a single online visit and get delivered to you fast. Building your [...]
Exactly what does the ‘Diff Dump’ exhaust kit mean? Well typically every OEM exhaust will run over the rear axle and terminate after the rear wheels. The ‘Diff Dump’ exhaust essentially terminates at the Diff and dumps the exhaust towards the ground so the exhaust gas doesn’t blow up into the underbody of the vehicle. These are an easy DIY [...]
Designing headers for the modern V8 engine is a challenge but at the same time a great opportunity to provide a significant performance boost to the engine Headers [also known as extractors] are one of the easiest bolt on performance products you can install to give your engine more grunt. Essentially their purpose is to improve the gas flow by [...]